Following a 12-year career as a frontline paramedic, Hazel arrived in her current role after gaining some experience in Emergency Planning and on the 100,000 Genomes Project. Her passions in life are her two dogs and travel; she has a long bucket list of places to visit when she wins the lottery!
Hazel joined the SRMRC as a Research Paramedic for the RePHILL pre-hospital blood products trial. Given her background, Hazel also supports several of our trials which have pre-hospital involvement, including the Golden Hour trauma study and the SiFTi-2 burns trial. Hazel spent a period working within the programme management team as a Project Support Officer. She is now the Portfolio Manager for the REACT delivery team.
Other positions held
No other positions held.
- Research Methods in Clinical Trials – CRN West Midlands/ University of Birmingham
- Protocol and CRF Design and Data Management – CRN West Midlands/ University of Birmingham
- Good Clinical Practice – NIHR/ Royal Orthopaedic Hospital
- BTEC Level 3 Award Education and Training – Public Health England
- MSc Emergency Planning and Management – Coventry University
- IHCD Ambulance Paramedic – Southern Ambulance College
- BSc (Hons) Biochemistry with Genetics – Lancaster University
Institute of Translational Medicine
Email – Hazel.Smith18@nhs.net